6.17.2014

Explore. Express. Unite.: Pt 3

Benvenuti amici!

We are back with our third part in the FiatTech e-interview series. Our growing relationship with the greater FIAT community helps keep things fresh and exciting. Organizations like FT make it very easy to remain fired-up about the little Italian engine that could. 

Our last FT entry ended with a bit of a Cliffhanger. It was revealed there are big plans for the group in the very near future… AND… there is a chance of a presence at FIAT FreakOut 2014 (in the Chicagoland area). Read on...


FIAT FreakOut 2014 happens July 10-13
CC5C: So, FiatTech will have a presence at FIAT FreakOut? That's great news!
CC5C will have a small showing there as well. I'm already looking forward to a face-to-face with the man behind the 'Tech. I'm also looking forward to the next stages of growth in the organization.
Let's change gears a bit. One of the things attracting me most to FIAT S.p.A. is the history/heritage and philosophy of the individuals/group running the company. You spend a lot of time and expend a lot of energy on FIAT daily. What inspires you most about the automaker?
FiatTech: I think the new inspiration comes from the fact that they are back here in North America. They had an opportunity to introduce their products awhile back and got mixed reviews.
Neither, in my lifetime, did I think Fiat would return to North America nor did I ever think I would ever own two of them. But stranger things have happened. I’ve always been a fan of Alfa Romeos and I still have model cars of a Fiat 127 and 131 that I brought back from Italy as a little boy.
Fiat might seem like a new brand to the newer generation, but there is definitely a long history to the famous automaker. Hopefully, through FiatTech, we can rewind a bit and show them that there are many chapters to the Fiat family. 

[Editor's Note: Read familiar? It should. One of the primary goals of the CC5C blog is to offer another opportunity for people to learn about current FIAT events as well as the automaker history. I believe these kinds of shared visions are the glue that bonds the various FIAT fan groups.]



CC5C: And do you find you capture that, a bit, with FiatTech?
FiatTech: I think we have. I feel like this web site is my homage to the brand that I loved as a kid. It’s my opportunity to dig into a family album of sorts and reminisce about my past and add some new memories for the future. Of course, I’d like to share those memories with others through the web site.



CC5C: Well, I know you're a busy guy. I won't keep you any longer. But I would like to give you an opportunity to have the final word… one last thing to impart to our readers. Take it away…
FiatTech: Having owned two fiats for almost 3 years, I am happy to say I have no regrets in my purchases. Fiat has tried to redeem their reputation here in North America, and I think they have succeeded in getting over that [road] bump. You will still have your naysayers. But those are the ones who have either never driven a new Fiat... or don’t share the passion for the brand as we do.
I, for one, am a believer and I’m sure all our FiatTech fans will agree.


FIAT 500: Over a million sold and counting!

CC5C: I know I am a FiatTech fan and most certainly agree with you. FIAT is off to a great start with the reintroduction into the North American market and the official launch of their global launch is on the near horizon. Sergio Marchionne already revealed the FIAT plan for growth of the automaker and the future of its holdings (Lancia, ABARTH, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Ferrari, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, RAM). I truly believe they are poised for a lot more than those 'naysayers' give due credit.

Oh, man… Don't get me started.




On behalf of the CC5C and our readership, I want to thank you for taking time out for us. We are always so very happy to share the growing brand passion in our corner of the world. It's even better when the love is coming from a group like FiatTech. We send our best wishes of success your way and you can always count on our support of the FiatTech mission.
We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks. Until then…

Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

Ciao!

@