10.11.2013

L'Avventura di MEL B*****

Benvenuti amici!

The entry today marks the final in this chapter of MEL's life behind the wheel of her FIAT. We are sure there are many more adventures, for this new off road team, on the horizon. We thank her (and her brave Cinquino) for sharing this slice of FIAT life with us.

The Call of the 'Cento: pt 5

[Editor note: For my fellow... pampering... FIAT aficionados, this is a warning, things are about to get really scary. I encourage you to read on, but do so with the knowledge the horror will eventually subside... we think... we hope... we... uh-oh... - @]


On my way home, I smelled burning. It did not smell like electrical stuff, and I went outside to make sure it was not a campfire. Nope, burning from the Fiat. [I] Took it to the [local] Fiat dealership in SLC (John Garff) to rule out any serious issues before I drove home. 

They entertained my desire to take a photo of my mud-splattered Fiat...

... [parked near] a new showroom model

The service techs were highly amused by the dirtiness of my Fiat. And the burning smell was simply all the grass and mud stuck to the undercarriage. Heh. Go ahead and laugh ~ I know I did. Apparently, my warranty covers a thorough wash/wax. HaHaHa!

After my Fiat was thoroughly washed & waxed, I was off to explore Antelope Island State Park. Having a nice shiny vehicle for the first time in months, I decided against going on too many too many dirt tracks. To get to the island you drive a 6mi causeway on Great Salt Lake.



Once on the island, there were paved roads to explore the various parts of it and great views!

American Bison ~ [There are] giant herds of them all over the island! As well as pronghorn antelope, I kind of wanted a photo of a bison near the Fiat. But I was not about to be one of those moronic tourists doing stupid things near wildlife...

This photo, instead, will have to do

Where is the Fiat?

Found it! Now time for downhill!

Signs were all over the island with interesting historical tidbits. Apparently, a 1920s silent movie filmed on the island to capture the bison stampeding.


After a few hours, and not too many dirt experiences, I headed home... to Boise. La Fine? - MEL B

We hope you enjoyed our CC5C blog content experiment. From the beginning, we knew we wanted this blog to be as much of a departure from typical automotive blogs as the club is from typical 'car' clubs. There is nothing typical about a FIAT or a Cinquecento. It stands to reason the life experiences we have behind the wheel/s of them can be equally atypical.



You may not take your Fičko Baha'ing, but we are certain you - too - have story to tell. Feel free to share it with us ~ we are keen to publish it here. 


Stayed tuned for more FIAT life enthusiasm. If you are a local member/supporter, get ready for our meet 26 October...



Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

Ciao!

@