10.30.2013

The World Through Your Eyes

Benvenuti amici!


Due, in large part, to the fact we have no desire to bore you by way of imposing our daily tales into every one of these entries, we also choose to share the experiences of other FIAT life aficionados. 

A few of our friends have been graciously sharing their adventures with us. Their anecdotes & accompanying photos are a nice addition to the fun of writing this blog. In this entry, we are sharing the stories of one local member and another supporter from North Carolina. Read on...

Rich & Toni Miller recently took a road trip, from Wisconsin to Arkansas, in their nero 500 Lounge. They were kind enough to send us some shots as well as  descriptive commentary. You can imagine my surprise when I logged in to my inbox and found this email message from Rich:

"Attached are some photos of the Fiat on our recent trip to Arkansas. On the way down we stopped off at the Route 66 Association of Illinois Hall of Fame and Museum in Pontiac, Illinois.   


There was a local man who they describe as a Route 66 icon and artist who took this 1966 Chevrolet bus and transformed it into a 'land yacht'. He actually drove that thing to Arizona and back.  After he died they put it on display. One of the museum volunteers offered to take a picture of Toni and I and our car in front of their sign. 


While we were in Little Rock I saw this old Toyota Corolla parked behind the parking lot attendant's booth. I went to the booth and asked him if it was his.  It was. It's a 1968 Toyota Corolla, a very rare car. He said about seven years ago he needed a car and spotted this in someone's back yard. He bought it and has been driving it ever since."  - Rich Miller

[Editor's note: Rich included two photos of the Toyota he mentions in his story. While I am not including photos of said car in this entry, I can tell you it was in fairly good condition... and I am impressed with the story of how this man came to own it.]

Next up is someone you may recognize from a previous entry. He was kind enough to share some shots of his recent win at a local (to him) car contest and, now, he is kind enough to share this great personal photo shoot... of his modded grigio FIAT 500 ABARTH.

There was a time I could not understand the draw of modding what I believe to be a perfectly designed product. Over time I have come to, not only understand but to, appreciate the art form that is modifying a machine. James Wilson is one of a group of aficionados from around the country responsible for showing me the folly of my past ways. Allow him to explain...


 This is Mirabella ~ The definition of the name...

 ... Are you ready?...

 ... Angelic ~ The machine & the natural effect...

 ... Ditto... 

 ... A remnant of sunbeams past...

 ... Repping the 4-1-4...

 ... What other lucky motorists see on the road...

This shoot is in memory of John Cunnyngham

Make sense to you as well? I thought it may. I began modifying, also known as personalizing, my 500 a month after driving home in my Pretty Green 'cento. Unlike James', my modifications are all of the aesthetic variety. I am adding things I wish would have been standard factory options for the Pop upon launch. Fortunately, FIAT really wants us & our Cinquinos to evolve over time. The automaker has made it very easy to attain the look each individual wants... and a lot of the personalizing can be achieved with OEM parts. Bonus!

How would you modify your FIAT? Have you already started the personalization process? What trips have you taken in your little Italian machine? Do you have future plans?

We hope you enjoyed this look into FIAT life enthusiasm through the eyes of these two contributors. Do you have stories & photos you would like to contribute to the CC5C blog? Do not hesitate to reach out via our Facebook page. Or maybe you simply enjoy reading about what is happening in the FIAT lives of others? You can continue reading here, using our new 'CC5C Search', and read other content on the FB page. 

Whether you are contributing to a community or simply enjoying life in private, we wish you the best possible experience...

Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

Ciao!

@