10.10.2013

L'Avventura di MEL B****

Benvenuti amici!

Today MEL B takes us as far from our FIAT life experience with La Fee Verte as I imagine one could get ~ her travel log is filled will breathtaking high elevation shots & a sweet (slightly off road) video clip...

The Call of the 'Cento: pt 4
The next day, I decided to explore the Mirror Lake Scenic Highway (UT State Rte 150 from Kamas, UT to Evanston, WY). I knew that snow had fallen in the upper elevations the day before. I was ready to call off the trip, if need be. When I passed through Park City UT a local said that Kamas got quite a bit of snow the night before. Luckily, when I arrived in Kamas, no snow was to be found. Just lots of soggy ground and puddles. 

Pretty fall colors were great & low hanging clouds threatened to erupt. [As you can see] The clouds were pretty ominous the entire day and I was hoping they would behave...

Rockport Lake State at Wanship Dam





I briefly saw some blue sky!!

Provo River Falls along the way...


I, finally, made it to Mirror Lake…

 ... in a snowstorm...

... with snow fog...

View from Bald Mountain: 10,749' elevation


Needless to say, it was fun! The Fiat performed well enough [with street tires]. There was no accumulation on the road. I decided to turn around at Mirror Lake (the original plan anyway). The route was in open range country. So, keeping a vigilant eye for cattle was a must. They tend to walk down the middle of the road in a herd.

I took a little side trek alongside the main highway for better scenery. The Fiat did well ~ I know it is not meant to leave pavement. - MEL B

                        
To be concluded...


Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

Ciao!

@