12.25.2013

A Christmas Story

Benvenuti amici!

With this entry, we bid a 'sort of' sad farewell to one 'cento and happily introduce/welcome another. Early on, I knew I would eventually slide behind the wheel of another 500. No matter what I tried, I always thought about Abarth Cinquecentos  & special edition fititos. In fact, I made (from La Fee Verte) my very own 'special edition' Pop. "There can be only one." With the brilliant help of Kyle, at our LS, our Pretty Green Pop grew shinier by way of cromo bonnet spear, mirror caps, and bumperettes. Still, I knew she would likely be piloted by another driver one day.

La Fee Verte

Recently, with LFV very nearly paid off, my mind began to wander. I considered, in a more serious way, which would be my next 500. I felt tempted with the announcement of the soon-to-be-released 1957 SE (a hardcore retro version of the already retro 500 Lounge). I continued to vacillate between various rarer 500s… including the Cattiva. 

Two weeks ago, I asked the missus to join me at the studio. I received word FIAT is offering some unbelievable year end incentives on various versions of the little mouse and thought we could dip our toes in the pool of possibilities. There was no commitment or outright intent ~ We were simply feeling things out. That is innocent enough.

The numbers made sense on one very special 'cento and I began, in earnest, to position us for a sooner-than-later purchase. This is where we will allow the following photos to guide you through our most recent life adventure…

Last ride as the designated driver of La Fee Verte

Soon-to-be repeat customer…

Reliving my first time in our LS...

See where this is going?

The shake that binds; Brandon & Amado...

Luke did a fine job of explaining the details...

Meet La Sombrita a/k/a Sombrita...

Passing the torch, well, The CC5C grille badge...

...

...

The signing of the canvas...

Passing keys and other gifts...

La Sombrita in her first snow (dusting)...

So, here's to another wonderful FIAT experience (for us in our new fičko as well as the lucky soul responsible for adopting our original). Thank you FIAT & Bergstrom FIAT USA of MKE, for offering products and standards which keep aficionados coming back for more. Thank you Bergstrom FIAT USA of MKE staff for adding OUTSTANDING SALES, SERVICE & CLUB SPONSORSHIP to the experience. We are looking forward to spending time in our Sombrita and sharing new FIAT life memories with you soon. Why we chose 'La Sombrita'? a/k/a 'Sombrita'. We can discuss that over a cruise and the breaking of bread. Until then...


"May your days, may your days, may your days be merry & bright and may all your Christmases by white…"

Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

Ciao!

@