8.29.2013

CC5C: Sounds

Benvenuti amici!

Miles Davis' Move, John Coltrane's Locomotion, Charlie Parker's Chasin' the Bird , Thelonius Monk's Introspective, the entire Swing collection and BeBop slice of Jazz makes for brilliant 'cento driving soundtracks. I select a Jazz playlist on my Podicento© & feel like I can cruise coast-to-coast. The music makes for such a nice compliment to my daily commute. While operators of other vehicles muscle their way through traffic, I zoo-be-zoo-be-zoo my way over it all.

The 500 definitely adds swing to modern living

My father listens to traditional 'Jibaro' music called Seis (Andalusian/Southern Spanish folk music), Aguinaldo and Johnny Cash. My mother is a bit more 'hip' than that ~ she listens to James Brown, The Beatles and other contemporary music from her youth. This led to a broad musical palette for Amacento©. I always have one ear longingly focused on the past with the other one straining lustfully to hear what the future holds.

As I commit these words to the digital page, I realize much of this may ring familiar to design & engineering fans of the FIAT 500. 

New footprint - Same Flawless Style

But the saga doesn't end there. FIAT has a penchant for choosing genre-spliced tunes for their adverts. Here are a few examples...

This tune begins as what sounds like dreamy classical music, but suddenly becomes a masterfully crafted symphony of strings, blips and metallic boom. This Italian FIAT 500 spot contains a track by Raffaele 'Raphael' Gualazzi ~ that boldly straddles musical eras as well as genres. Everyone, by now, knows this tune and just as inspiring is the softer traditional rendition. Below is my personal favorite of them all...


This Itailan classic informed this modern tune

So, what do you play on your daily and/or weekend drive behind the wheel of your FIAT? More to the point, what will be on your playlist during our Guidare e Gelato meet (this Saturday)?

Until our FIATs join in humming harmony...

Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

Ciao!

@